On a hot Tuesday Night, I decided to try my first adventure in Wine Pairing Recipes. In hindsight, I should have waited until a cooler day to be running my oven for three hours….But I had the energy and my mind was set. It is rare that I get an extra boost of energy late on a weekday night so this was the perfect recipe to start my adventure with, minimal kitchen presence 😀
The Recipe: Sunday Night Pot Roast
The Wine: Milano Cellars Misti Rosso
WineShop At Home is the Winery that I am an Independent Wine Consultant for and they are amazing at providing information with every Wine Bottle Purchase. With each bottle ordered there is a card that accompanies it. The Wine Information is on the front and the Pairing Recipe is on the back!
This certain recipe is Called Sunday Night Pot Roast…I made it on a Tuesday Night instead 😀 I altered a few other things in the recipe as well, and I Loved the turnout!
- 3 pounds boneless Beef Chuck Roast, cut 2-inches thick
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1 cup beef broth**I used 1/2 cup wine and 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano leaves ** I almost never use exact measurements….
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and halved**I used 5 🙂 We Minnesotans Love our Potatoes!
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots**I used 6 large carrots, I never know how to measure un-diced food
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- corn starch